Day Thirteen of Thirty-Five

Today is a refinement of yesterday's piece, improving the composition (but still without fully specifying the various elements' location) and changing the background colors.

I haven't generally worried about the performance of my code as I produce mostly static images, but I've been getting frustrated by just how long it can take to render some drawings. I went digging into my library's circle packing code, which I've been making heavy use of. I found some rather naive things I'd done that I've started to optimise, with some already significant improvements. I just need to resist the temptation to spend too long tinkering and focus on the art!

Read More